The Support You Need
African American Student Academic Services fosters a campus environment that speaks to the needs of African and African-American students through academic support, leadership and community development, civic engagement and cultural awareness which in turn enhances their collegiate experience. Through collaborative initiatives with student organizations, academic departments, offices, and advisors across campus, AASAS helps students set goals, gain leadership skills, and develop academic profiles of success. The vision of the office is founded in the belief that working locally we impact globally and thus achieve the goal of seeing ALL African and African-American students reach their full potential by successfully transitioning throughout their personal and academic growth, leadership, and achievement, in addition to celebration of completion of their degree.
- One-on-one, intentional academic advising
- Information on study abroad, internships, service learning
- Graduate school information
- Connections to student organizations
- Undergraduate research information
- One-on-one cultural support and guidance
- Student advocacy
- Letters of recommendations
- UW Campus and Madison Community events and activities
Click here to open the calendar in a new tab.