The Support You Need
Chicano/a and Latino/a Student Academic Services fosters a campus environment that speaks to the needs of Chicano/a and Latino/a students through academic support, leadership and community development, civic engagement and cultural awareness which, in turn, enhances their collegiate experience within the College of Letters and Science.
Through collaborative initiatives with student organizations, academic departments, offices, and advisors across campus, CLSAS helps students set goals, gain leadership skills, and develop academic profiles of success. The vision of the office is founded in the belief that by working locally we impact globally and thus achieve the goal of seeing ALL the Chicano/a and Latino/a students reach their full potential by successfully transitioning throughout their personal and academic growth, leadership, and achievement, in addition to celebration of completion of their degree.
- One-on-one, intentional academic advising
- Information on study abroad, internships, service learning
- Graduate school information
- Connections to student organizations
- Undergraduate research information
- One-on-one cultural support and guidance
- Student Advocacy
- Letters of recommendations
- UW Campus and Madison Community events and activities