We are excited your organization is considering serving as a partner in the College of Letters and Science (L&S) CAE Career Ready Internship Program, which matches current L&S juniors and seniors with for-profit and non-profit employers based on employers’ talent needs and students’ career interests. Internships are available for placement during the Fall term (September-December), Spring term (January-May), and Summer term (May-August) each year. Employers are encouraged to offer multiple internship positions. Internship terms can span more than one term (i.e. Summer and Fall placement). Internships are part-time (10-20 hrs/wk) and can be supplemented by employers to full time in the summer.
How The Program Works
Employers are invited to complete an online application to begin their partnership in this exciting opportunity. This program is integrated into the BuckyNet online recruiting system for companies to screen and interview all students for a successful match.
CAE will match internship opportunities offered by employers with students whose career aspirations and desired skill-building experiences align with the internship opportunity. Once matched, employers have the opportunity to interview students and select the student(s) they wish to hire through a competitive process. Employers and hired student intern(s) co-develop share goals of the internship and a work schedule. A complete list of deadlines for the upcoming term can be found here.
Employers can complete their online application by following the below steps:
- Create a BuckyNet Account with the College of Letters & Science Career Initiative Career Services Office. Instructions for how to do this can be found in the BuckyNet Posting Instructions.
- Once you request a BuckyNet account, CAE/CICS will approve your account and notify you via email.
- Via BuckyNet, complete your organization’s profile and post your internship position(s). Directions for how to do this can be found here.
- Once you post your internship position(s), you will be sent an confirmation email at which time you will be asked to provide your organization’s W-9 form (Dec. 2014 version).
- CAE will notify you when you will be able to preview matched potential student interns, at which time you will be able to review student resumes and move into the interview process.
Questions? Contact the Diversity Talent Development Coordinator, Duane Cooper.