Congratulations on being accepted to UW–Madison! Follow the steps below to complete your enrollment as a CAE Scholar at UW–Madison.
Questions?: 608-263-5068 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Check your campus email account regularly
It’s the official place for information about being a CAE Scholar, Summer Collegiate Experience (for those choosing to do this), and much more about being a UW–Madison student. Log in using your NetID at email.wisc.edu. Instructions for configuring your campus email on your phone or desktop computer are at kb.wisc.edu/28350.
2. Complete the UW–Madison Admitted First-Year Student Checklist
The admissions checklist guides you through steps like set up your UW–Madison NetID access account, activate your campus email account, and confirm your enrollment.
Important steps in the checklist; do these as soon as possible:
- Complete the CAE Student Agreement by May 1.
- If you are choosing to attend the Summer Collegiate Experience (SCE), complete the SCE Agreement by May 1.
- Pay your deposit by May 1 to guarantee enrollment at UW–Madison.
- Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Having a completed FAFSA may give you additional opportunities for scholarships.
- Explore Residential Learning Communities housing options. Complete your Housing preferences and application by May 1: housing.wisc.edu/residence-halls/assignments/freshmen.
- Sign up for your SOAR summer orientation sessions (do this before June 1). Please read more about Key Dates on this page.
- Register for and complete the required “Math B” and “UW English” (or English as a Second Language) placement tests. You may also choose a placement test in any world languages you have studied. Placement tests must be completed at least two weeks before your SOAR session. This allows time for scoring and sharing with your academic advisors. Students who choose to attend the Summer Collegiate Experience should take placement tests by June 1.
CAE Scholars participate in at least one learning community like the Residential Learning Communities in campus housing (indicate this preference when you apply for Housing), First-Year Interest Groups (FIGS), or Undergraduate Research Scholars (URS; you can apply now). Start exploring these options.
3. Sign up for your online pre-SOAR advising session
Instructions for how to do this will be emailed to you in May.
If you are attending the Summer Collegiate Experience, your pre-SOAR advising session will be in-person at SCE.
4. Select your preferred First-Year Interest Groups
During your pre-SOAR advising appointment, you can request a seat in your preferred FIGs, if you are choosing that learning community this Fall. This will be explained during your advising appointment.
5. Come to Madison for SOAR!
At summer orientation, you will learn a lot about student life, talk with advisors about your Fall classes, and enroll in those classes.
SOAR housing. — Students eligible for waived fees and free housing for SOAR will receive an email from the Office of Student Financial Aid before April 17 when SOAR date selection opens. The email will include instructions and detailed information about what is included in the SOAR registration fee waiver.
If you do not receive SOAR financial assistance through the Office of Student Financial Aid but need a place to stay for SOAR, contact us at email@example.com before June 1. We have some rooms reserved for each CAE SOAR date, however these are only for students and not for family members.
June 15 & 16
- If you want June 15 & 16, sign up for SOAR before May 19.
- Not a good fit for students in the All-in-Milwaukee program because it conflicts with the All-in-Milwaukee New Scholar Reception.
- Summer Collegiate Experience participants who are unable to attend SOAR during the dedicated July 13 & 14 SCE dates may attend this session instead. Please note that it takes place before SCE begins on June 24.
June 29 & 30
July 10 & 11
July 13 & 14 — Only for students participating in the Summer Collegiate Experience.
Pay your deposit to confirm your enrollment, submit your Housing preferences, and complete the CAE Agreement (and optional SCE Agreement): UW–Madison Admitted First-Year Student Checklist.
- June through mid-July; instructions will be emailed to you in May.
- Saturday, June 24 to Friday, August 4
Arrive on campus for Fall semester
- Sunday, August 27
- Early date just for CAE Scholars and selected other student groups
First day of Fall instruction
- Wednesday, September 6