Congratulations on being accepted to UW-Madison! Follow the steps below to complete the enrollment process and confirm your enrollment at UW-Madison for Fall 2021.
You must complete all enrollment steps and attend your Required Dates if you plan to attend UW-Madison this fall. Please make note of all the Required Dates specific to your situation before you proceed through the next steps.
Failure to complete enrollment steps and attend all Required Dates may cause your admission to be canceled.
If you have questions, please call CAE at 608-263-5068 or email Eliott Nardi (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Required Dates for CAE Students
- SCE (if you are participating)
- Pre-SOAR Advising
June 7 – June 18
- SOAR Dates for CAE Students
All CAE students will be participating at SOAR virtually during one of the following two weeks:June 28 – July 2
July 19 – July 23
- Campus Arrival for Fall 2021
1. Complete the Admitted Freshman Checklist
Complete the Admitted Freshman Checklist to set up your Net ID to access My UW, confirm your enrollment, and pay your deposit by May 1.
The following items from the checklist MUST BE COMPLETED as soon as possible:
- Complete the CAE Student Agreement by May 1
- Pay your deposit by May 1 to guarantee enrollment at UW-Madison
- Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Having a completed FAFSA gives you additional opportunities for scholarships.
- Explore housing options such as Residential Learning Communities that have an application deadline of May 1
- Register for and complete placement tests: students participating in SCE are required to complete placement tests by May 1st, CAE students not participating SCE should complete placement tests by June 1st. Register to take a placement test here: https://exams.wisc.edu/placement/uw-madison-students.php
- SOAR registration opens up on May 3rd at 3pm. Sign-up for one of the two CAE SOAR sessions by June 1st. More details are listed under #4 below.
2. Sign-up for and attend virtual CAE pre-SOAR Advising sessions
- June 7 – June 18. Check your email regularly for communication in May from your assigned CAE advisor.
3. Submit your FIG selection choices
- Details are forthcoming and will be explained during your pre-SOAR advising appointment.
4. Attend CAE SOAR advising sessions
All CAE students will be participating at SOAR during one of the following two weeks:
June 28 – July 2
July 19 – July 23
SOAR will consist of the following 2 components:
- Review the assigned academic and student life content on Canvas (prior to SOAR week)
- Meet with your assigned CAE advisor during one the CAE SOAR weeks and register for Fall classes