Reflect on how your experiences in and out of the classroom at UW–Madison and beyond are shaping your journey. Specifically, think about how your experiences are helping you develop UW–Madison Leadership Framework competencies. Refer back to your semester goals and the goal matrix to identify which competencies connect. You don’t need to use every competency, but you should explain how you’ve developed in at least three areas.
- Interpersonal Communication
- Supporting Learning and Development of Others
- Honoring Context and Culture
- Decision Making
- Fostering Bridge Building and Collaboration
- Moving Ideas into Action.
Create the Project
Option A: Design a digital poster (36 x 24 inches), and present it at the Capstone Symposium. See more poster design resources below.
Option B: If you would like to create a different type of project, please talk with your CAE advisor.
Designing your poster
Remember, this is a poster, not a slide show! You will only be displaying a single page, so make sure the dimensions are correct. Small posters will be hard to see for guests when you share. Be sure to include your name on your poster!
PowerPoint is sometimes used to create a poster, but there are many programs you can use. The DesignLab provides free digital design help for UW–Madison students. You can even schedule appointments with their consultants to get help with digital projects.
How to talk about your project
All students are expected to present their project at the symposium. Here are some concrete ideas to help you prepare for these conversations:
- Introduction: My name is ______ , I’m a ________ major in my ____ year. I’m interested in a career in _______ upon graduation or I’m interested in the _______ field or I’m interested in going to _______ school.
- Talk about your experience in and out of the classroom using your poster. What experiences (both within and outside of CAE) have been most meaningful to you? How did they contribute to your growth in different leadership competencies?
- What did you learn about yourself during your college journey? How are these lessons already shaping your present and future?
- Ask the audience if they have any questions about your project.